Gear

Friday, July 8, 2011

Radical Changes...

I proudly present to the entire Bingelverse, the new and improved "Eduardo the Touring Bike" !!!!!
Before

After
It'll take a little getting used to have the different distribution of weight, but I think this will end up working out better than the trailer.  Packing is a little different, as I can't willy nilley throw stuff in the trailer, and I had to rid myself of nearly 10 lbs of extra bits and pieces.  Got a handle bar bag to house my valuable items, like my multi tool, and some extra storage containers for water when i hit those lonely western Wyoming stretches.

my green highlighted route thus far


From Boulder, I will go to Estes Park, get used to being 8,000 feet up, then cycle along the highest, continuously paved road in north america, Trail Ridge Road in Rock Mountain National Park, where I'll hit an altitude of a bit over 12,000 feet before freewheeling to Grand Lake.  Then its across western Colorado and into Utah before making a sharp turn north, threw Flaming Gorge National recreation Area and heading northwest towards the Tetons and Yellowstone and into Montana.  Check out the ever growing pictures I update on my picasa page, https://picasaweb.google.com/rossbikepics and as always, keep pedaling.

1 comment:

shirlbee said...

Looking good, Ross. Hope the bike change will make biking easier for you. Thinking about you and looking forward to your posts. Love and hugs, Cousins Shirley and Max