Gear

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Interlude: Grand Teton and Yellowstone National Parks







Words can't really do justice for the beauty I rode in from Grand Tetons and Yellowstone, so here are a few of the over 300 (!) pictures I took.  Some are now online, but I will slowly be putting more and more up as internet time allows.  I'm now in Big Sky and will be following more or less the Adventure cycling route from West Yellowstone to Missoula, and from there head north to Glacier National Park.  I also now think I will once again ride into British Columbia Canada and go to Banff and then head back down into Washington as it seems time is on my side.

Chris posted an interesting blog about life, love and biking that all should read.  Having been on the road for nearly 3 months, I have many conversations with many different people, but the consensus is usally that they think it is great what I am doing, but they really want to know what job i worked at and what job i will work at after.  That seems to dicatate so many people's lives instead of letting thier life, the planet, the amazingness and adventure that surrounds us to lend it's gentle hand to our path.  I'm learnign everyday what freedom and love truly mean, at least to me, and will share these thoughts at a later time.

Awesome riding behind, awesome riding ahead.  I hope everyone is able to, at least briefly, to experience freedom and love at its purest, to feel alive beyond what we think capable, and of course, to go on a very long bike ride.  For now, with freedom and love in my heart, my eyes, my legs and my mind, keep pedaling.

Check out the growing picture collection at picasaweb.google.com/rossbikepics.

1 comment:

Lucas and Noah said...

Ross - If you never have seen the movie Easy Rider, at the end, the gang realize that people are jealous of their freedom because actually are afraid of freedom. A job is safe and provides security. The freedom afforded from not having a job is scary and uncertain. Which would most people rather have?