Gear

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Goodbye Michigan

Hiwatha, the largest Indian.  Ironwood, MI
And so, over two weeks and 1,000 miles later, I sit on the edge of Michigan and Wisconsin.  Tomorrow, I enter the cheese state and go to Ashland.  Michigan has been a state of extremes, of beauty and ugliness, of good weather but more often not good weather.  So, for everything that Michigan has been that I 100% never expected Michigan to be, I tip my helmet to the state where, yes, my trip truly did begin here.

Goodbye eastern time zone, goodbye great lakes, hello central time zone, and the mid west.  a new adventures begins.  See all my Michigan pics (along with all my biking pictures) https://picasaweb.google.com/rossbikepics

2 comments:

Mark said...

We figured out that your total trip is roughly equivalent to taking 15 roundtrips between D.C. and Marlboro, NJ. That put in perspective for the boys the types of distances you are traveling.

Anonymous said...

Hi, Ross. Enjoying your travels and almost wishing I could duplicate your trip. Been wanting to get to the UP of Michigan since Perri moved there, but it hasn't happened yet. Maybe someday. Keep writing, keep biking, stay well. Love and hugs, Cousins Shirley and Max.