Gear

Saturday, March 19, 2011

Sniff...Ahhh

Thats right, spring is in the air and a fresh new design is up and running for Bingle by Bingle.  It's easy to read, and has a more homey look that reflects better the writings that will be showing up here over the next months.

Speaking of months, if you have friends or family living anywhere in:

  • Michigan
  • Wisconsin
  • Minnesota
  • North Dakota
  • South Dakota
  • Wyoming
  • Idaho
  • Montana
let me know and I will ever so graciously visit them for you and sleep on their couch and eat their food.  Anywho, things are rolling on pre-trip planning.  I am in the mid stages of building a touring bike.  I am using a steel Binachi frame, cherry red.  so far, I have a nice bottom bracket, touring crank set and 8 speed freewheel.  I also got my quill stem and flat bars.  I'll be putting bar ends, linear pull brakes (front only) and either trigger shifters or down tube friction shifters, not sure, yet.  I'll be rocking 700c x 25 tires, not normal touring width but i love riding on these tires.  I have orders rear panniers that will supplment my burley nomad trailer so that i can dump the trailer if i am staying in one place for a few days.  besides that, figuring out the proper tools needed, getting some route figured out for the first 1,000 miles, and trying to not bust my gut over the fact that i'm finally doing this. 

Yesterday it was 60, this morning it was snowing.  Now it's sunny and getting warm again.  Crazy.  Anywho, send me a shout about places you know about that need to be seen and explored or other suggestions about where to bike.  I'm wide open.

No comments: