Gear

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Rough Ideas lead to smooth biking...

Here's a rough idea of my next 10,000 miles:


View Very rough idea of my biking in a larger map

Also, my good friend and soon (in 4 months) traveling partner, Chris " Hop a Long" Childers is also writing a blog, except his is better written and spelled correclty.  Check it out: http://reallylongbiketrip.blogspot.com/

One week to go.  I will start pedaling south out of Burlington on Tuesday, May 3rd, 2011 not knowing whence I'll stop, I'm excited with a little nervous on top for good measure.  It's also raining a lot.  Which, as the old adage says, is good luck.  I'll post a picture of my steel stead soon.  I am planning out my first week-ish on the road, arranging places to stay before I break the ice and start camping.  So far I have it as far as Syracuse and I'll be warmshower-ing and couchsurfing and staying with family that isn't mine.

It's all adding up already to be amazing.

1 comment:

One-Leg Chris said...

as the old adage says, "let your jews run wild and free in the rain south of burlington on the way to the erie canal"
i didnt make it up