Gear

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Old man in a rocking chair

Sometime around midnight, most likely after, as that's the loneliest part of midnight, when its no longer, and you can make jokes that its today or tomorrow, it depends on who you are and how you see, that's when we may find each other, only it'll be me finding you like the hat i once lost and i came back to the same park bench a while later and it was lying in a puddle underneath, it seemed to not care regardless, but i picked it up and took it back home because it was my hat, even though i never wore it after that, that's how i find you, again and again, me looking for you and you seeing me and not, and so sometime after midnight strikes, behind some building, my eyes already starting to fill with tears, i can turn the corner and see you standing there, hair down, hair down, and maybe i'll look up just in time to see the great migration of the night clouds brushing gently on the lunar landscape, when on a beam my gaze returns to your earthly realm, you're not there.  i go on, i go on with a slight break in my heart, knowing the winds have blown and the circus has left town, only their sign bills remain and will for months on end, fading and torn, but reminders nonetheless.

No comments: