Gear

Wednesday, July 18, 2007

My trip to Fogo



Please excuse the not so good picture, but this is the volcano i was sleeping next to for the last four days. We had what the PC calls demystifacation week, which is the trainees staying with a volunteer to leanr and see what life is like at site. what i leanred was alot about hiking, spulunking and eating really good food. we hiked this volcano, than hiked a smaller one which erupted in 1995, and then the enxt day climbed into a lava cave which cuts everyone up cause its really sharp. today, we made our way back to santiago and waited for five hous in the airport due to wind. not sure why. but, now its back to hopefully learning some language, my donkeys, and soon enough site assignments. my creole is ok, my portuguese is horrible.

so far, everyone who came is still here, and everyone seems to be doing fine. ditto with me. miss everyone, ti logo.

No comments: