Gear

Friday, July 27, 2007

Middle of PST


Today is the end of week four here in Cape Verde, so PSt is aboutish half way done. The frist week went super slow, and now these other weeks have been going by almost at the normal amaerican speed. i have a language test next week for both creole and portuguese, and basically i need to be able to describe day to day activities, which i can do no problem in creole, but portuguese, much harder. there are over 20 conjucations for verbs, it s acrazy langauge, but hopefully after two years i can speak some of it well.


anywho, i have been able to slowly revert back towards vegetarinism as i can better communicate with my family what i like or dont like. plus, i finally figured out i can push my bed back and now will be able to do some push ups and stuff like that, which will help burn the millions calories of starch i eat everyday.


our group is going well, with the exception of one et, but we think it was for the ebst for her. otherwise, we are all going strong, no major illnesses wiht me or anyone (yet) and no one has gotten married which the embassy says will happen, for at least two of us.


laslty, not sure what else to say. i do better with questions, so fire away if you want to know something for sure. this picture above is a shot from my village, Ribero Manual, in Santa Catirina.

3 comments:

Melissa said...

I love the picture - keep pics coming! Take pics of your family and the other PC volunteers! Or maybe you already did and I haven't checked your Picasa albums recently?

I'm going to pickle some cucumbers and think of you. You think the USPS would let me send you a jar? I've been a bad friend and wrote you a (2nd) letter but haven't sent it yet - tomorrow, I promise! I miss you! :)

Ross said...

i have lots of pics, but 1. can not upload to picassa as it isnt downloaded on any computers here and 2. it takes a long time to upload any pictures, so im working on ways to get pics up or make a cd and send it to the states for someone else to up load. word

Unknown said...

Thats cool that you are learning all these languages, but my question to you is are you going to teach them the "ababa" or "jibberish" language? I really think they would appreciate it.