Gear

Friday, June 22, 2007

Packing and having babies

I've been busy the last few days getting all my stuff together, figuring out last minute things i thought i had or realized i needed. But lo, the end is near, and i have double checked my list and have arranged everything for packing. So, as promised, here is an excruciatingly detailed list of all the stuff i'll be taking with me:

Clothing
(6) collared polo shirts
(6) non-political t-shirts
(3) long sleeve shirts
(2) long sleeve collared shirts
(2) ties)
(a bunch) underwear
(a bunch) of socks <----though i hope to not need them
(1) rain jacket <----- i doubt i'll need this
(1) pair of shoes
(1) pair of sandals
(1) zip off pant things
(2) pillow cases
(2) sheets


Health type items
(2 years i hope) contact solution
(2) pairs of glasses and repair kit
(1) thing of chewable multi vitamins
(5) spice boxes: garlic powder, Cajun spices, turmeric (yum), paprika, and oregano
ok, no more counting stuff...

shaving cream and razors
lotion
chapstick
headache medicine stuff
homeopathic stomach stuff
bug repellent stuff
hand sanitizer
toothpaste
soap
ear plugs
mouth guard <---- no, not in case i play hockey
floss
sunscreen

Other Stuff
notebooks, pens, envelopes
plastic document holders
a handy dandy atlas
uno and regular playing cards
magnetic chess board <---thank you New Zealand
a squishy frisbee
(2) nalgene bottles
hair cutting scissors
a knife swiss army thing
a can
dle camping thing with replacement candles
a shakey flashlight <----- Best flashlight ever
duct tape
index cards
tons and tons of cash and travelers checks
sewing kit and a small survival kit (has a whistle)
a stretchy workout thingy
sunglasses
camping cookware, steamer and a little sponge
small bottle of dr. bonners soap
power converter
buddha statue
ipod
fuji finepix F30 digital camera <---- really good, not too expensive camera
a watch
a pack of incense
Books: Leaves of Grass,
The Illuminatus, Demons, Instant Portuguese, Say it in Portuguese
a letter from a friend

Thats basically it. There are maybe a few othersmall things i'm throwing in there, but you get the gist of it. I haven't actually put the stuff into any luggage or bags yet, but the picture shows it laid out, it's not that much i think, hopefully i can squeeze it easily into my backpack and a small luggage thing.


In other news, my brother, via his wife, had twins. Sam Nathan and Henry Jacob. They are pictured below:

3 comments:

Melissa said...

A few comments, just because I can...

Is the survival kit the one I gave you? If so, I'm really glad it's coming in handy. Rather, I mean, I hope you'll never have to use it. But if you need band-aids, you'll know where to look.

I love that you're taking a buddha statue. Is it the one from your desk at GF?

I was wondering why I didn't ever get a steamer in the box o' goodies from you! I hope you use it well! (while I suffer boiling my veggies)

Oh and, congrats, uncle!

With love from,
The girl who's going to comment on almost every blog you write

Melissa said...

Oh and, is that a box of crayons? A gift for Cape Verde kids??

Ross said...

A box of crayons and these disgusting brown rice barley organic hard candies are so far gifts i've gotten. maybe someone will send me a deflatted soccer ball with a needle to pump it up????