Gear

Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Plan Z

As most of us do on any normal Tuesday, i will be flying across the world to the Empire of the Rising Sun, Japan. For the past few months i have devised, revised and discarded many ideas/plans/thoughts about what to do with my time in Japan, using my trusty rough guide as a guide, roughly speaking. But after my little travels here in europe i have developed what many consider to be the ultimate pinnacle of plans regarding traveling to Japan for two months. In fact, it is a little embarassing to even admit that this wasn't my first and only plan when considering Japan. I'm going to cycle the country.


View Larger Map

I will spend five days in Tokyo, a sleepy fishing where i will purcash a touring bike and needed touring gear... and bike shorts with padding. Then, the idea is to hop, or pedal, onto a ferry to the northern island of Hokkiado where national parks abound, the bears roam free and the water can kill you. Then, well, south as far as i make it. I have no schedule or stops i need to make, so where ever i get to i get to, i can always get a horse and buggy to Osaka where i ultimatly fly from.

So thats its, a touring holiday in Japan. I will post about Tokyo and the gear i get prior to departure to the north. So till then, cheerio from London.

Lastly, on the lighter side of bicycle news (OH, i almost forgot, Lance Armstrong was in Ireland the same time i was, maybe even stalking me, not sure, but he was taking part in a Tour de Ireland) watch a video of some famous french dude who i never heard of celebrating a tour stage for some random brit bikers:

http://www.break.com/index/one-man-tour-de-france-prank.html

No comments: