Gear

Friday, September 7, 2007

Monte Gordo - Sao Nicolao


So, Ill be working for the National Park on Sao Nicolao, Monte Gordo, kinda helping with eco tourism and will be living in Cachaço, a small little community on the top of the mountain, my view is of the park, my backyard looks down into the valley. They call the weather here fesca, but so far its not that cold. Tons of brufa though, it rolls in and out all day long. Anywho, been living in a Pensao for the last week since our house doesnt have beds, but now we think they do and now we think we will move in tomorrow.


Our swearin in ceremony was all over the television for about a week, people reconize me as i was in the front rwo, so basically everyone in Cape Verde will at least reconize me, and some parts of Afrika. Well, ill have good access to email, as somehow this park has the ebst internet in all of Cape Verde. I also have a new mailing address, so if you want it send me an email


Anywho, once si really start working ill write more, or once i start to get to know my new community. i alreayd had one meeting, in porteguse, about the newsletter for the park, and i was able to understand about 50% of what they said, not bad.

No comments: